How Big is Your Footprint. You will be the energy manager for a large business. You will determine the mix of solar, wind, coal, and gas that will not only provide ample energy, but keep your footprint low. You will also attempt to find the proper mix of energy at a low cost. Visit How Big Is Your Footprint? Discovery Education Player and follow the instructions below:
1. Read instructions and then enter your name when prompted.
2. Select Level 1.
3. Read the directions (You do not need to plan your investigation or get approval ahead of time.) and then begin attempting to find the right mix. Your results will be recorded in the results table. Perform the test at least ten times using different combinations.
4. Copy and paste this table.
5. Close the window and follow Steps 1 and 2 again.
6. Select Level 2.
7. Read the directions (You do not need to plan your investigation or get approval ahead of time.) and attempt to find the right mix of energy, light bulbs, and costs. Perform this exercise at least ten times using different combinations.
8. Copy and paste this table.
9. Answer the following questions based on your results of the two levels and upload it as a Word document into your online course.
a. Which combination of energy sources provided the smallest carbon footprint? Does this support what you have learned throughout this course?
b. Which combination provided a small footprint and a small cost? Defend your answer.
a. Which combination of energy sources coupled with the amount of light bulbs, provided the smallest cost per month? Does this support what you have learned throughout this course? Defend your answer.